Wednesday 1 April 2015

'A' IS FOR ARRANGED MARRIAGE


They say marriages are made in heaven, but arranged on earth.

For me, marriage is an institution where two individuals are brought together - some times by love, and some times in hopeful effort of meeting your true love.

My marriage was an arranged marriage - arranged by my mother to a boy whom I had never seen or met before.

But was I ready for this?

I asked her why she wanted me to take this plunge and her answer simply was that no one can live a life alone.

But how do we live with a stranger? Is it as simple as it sounds?

It was such a scary thought for me at that time.

Funnily though, as we neared our wedding day, I realised that my husband had the same thoughts and fears as I did, and this curiosity helped us to understand each other. During the course of our quest to get to know each other, we first became best of friends of each other, graduated to becoming lovers, and then finally became husband and wife.

Today, we are blessed with a child.

Arranged marriages are indeed like an adventure, where you get to know new things about your partner every single day.

And I am loving this adventure!



This post is written as a part of the April A to Z Challenge - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment