Thursday 2 April 2015

'B' IS FOR BREAKFAST.


It is common knowledge that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is this meal that keeps us going the whole day. Just as a vehicle requires fuel to start, our body requires breakfast to start its day after a long night's sleep.

Many a times the power of a breakfast is underestimated. Sometimes, people miss or skip their breakfast due to unnecessary reasons like "I want to lose weight", "I could not find time" or simply "I didn't like the spread".

For most wives, including me, breakfast can pose a problem of epic proportions. Women will relate more to this, but "what to prepare for breakfast" is one of the hardest questions to answer every morning. Trust me, it's easier to find out what a woman wants (or maybe it's not). 

This is how my daily (almost) morning conversation with my husband goes, when it comes to breakfast:-

Me (yawning) - I'm so tired. Anyway, what do you want for breakfast today?

Hubby - Oh, don't take too much trouble, let's have cornflakes today.

Me - Cornflakes? But that's not filling. Remember, have breakfast like a king!

Hubby - Oh, alright then, let's have omelette sandwiches.

Me - Eggs have high cholesterol, you need to reduce your egg intake.

Hubby - Aargh...oats?

Me - Sorry, we're out of oats. You didn't make time for shopping....

Hubby (with an irritated look on his face) - I'm getting late...sorry gotta go...c'ya in the evening

Don't blame me...I was just making sure he got the most optimal choice of breakfast.

Ladies, sounds familiar? ;)

This post is written as a part of the April A to Z Challenge - 2015

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. True thing. But these days I have the best for breakfast. I eat a whole meal for breakfast (Sambar, rasam and curd), tiffin for lunch n chappathi for dinner. That way, I feel healthier.

    Do drop into www.malavikka.blogspot.com and all the best for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete