Saturday 4 April 2015

'D' IS FOR DREAMS


"Without Dreaming, We Lose The Excitement Of Possibilities"
- Gloria Steinem

Everyone has dreams. Why humans dream might be a matter of great interest to psychologists and philosophers since countless years, yet no one has a clear answer. Nevertheless, I can safely label myself as a dreamer. I do it not just while I'm asleep, but also while I'm awake.

Sometimes, my loved ones call me impractical and foolish when I share my dreams and aspirations with them. I admit, I might be a little overambitious at times. However, I strongly believe that when we dream big, we are more likely to reach great heights than otherwise. I have always lived my life by this mantra. Hence, I never regret dreaming big, and haven't yet shied away from making my aspirations known, even at the risk of being ridiculed at times. It sometimes drives my hubby nuts, but I have no regrets. On the bright side, my attitude has at times helped my hubby take risks and succeed, and he has thanked me for the same.

There is a wonderful saying - "Don't Just Dream Your Life...Live Your Dream". Very true. If you simply dream and hold back from striving towards bringing your dreams to reality, then dreaming is useless. After all, life is nothing but a pursuit of dreams.

This post is written as a part of the April A to Z Challenge - 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment