Sunday 29 March 2015

POOR LOSERS



As I feared, India lost the ICC World Cup 2015 semi-final to Australia, who were deserving winners all the way. I could hear Pakistani and Bangladeshi fans chiding Team India with chants of Mauka Mauka, and could not control my chuckles. Please don't judge me, but I think the poor Indian team had to pay for Star Sports India's cockiness.

No sooner had the match ended than our typical Indian cricket fans went on the offensive, blaming the team for underperforming and throwing in the towel without a fight. The Virat-Anushka jokes were absolutely uncalled for. Many people started calling for Captain Cool Dhoni's resignation. The same people were ranting about the team being invincible only a week ago, or maybe just a couple of hours before the match had begun.

I wonder when we Indians will learn to treat sports like sports, and not like a do-or-die war. Australia didn't show up on the field just to lose to India, they're playing for their country's honour too.

I wonder how many of us will throw away our mobile phones simply because we could not reach the final level of 'Angry Birds' or 'Candy Crush'.

Well played Team India! Reaching the Finals of the World Cup is a big thing in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment